What will it feel like to study online?
IDI Study www.idi-study.com
As an IDI student you will find that every aspect of your innovative learning and teaching experience is delivered through our bespoke online study environment, IDI Study.
- Our study environment is carefully designed to be not only user friendly but also secure and reliable. You'll have access to your own secure, personal online studio. This is where all of your module learning materials are stored and where you communicate with your tutors and fellow students.
Our learning materials are carefully structured to enable you to acquire the knowledge and understanding required to fulfill the course learning outcomes.
- Effective course delivery is our priority and is carried out through project based work, where you will learn through engagement in a variety of set activities. Support materials that supplement this project based work are provided throughout your learning experience.
As an IDI student, you will be asked to record your work in a variety of ways; these can include photographs, scanned images, screen grabs, word documents and pdfs.
- As you progress through the activities, you will be prompted to upload examples of your work to named folders within your ‘my work’ area, notifying your tutor by posting a message in the module discussion each time you upload.
You will develop confidence and communication skills through participation in self and peer based evaluation of your work and the work of your fellow students within structured online forum activities.
- This is where you can compare notes, share ideas and resources and discuss your creative work on an informal basis. Within the forums you can explore a range of issues which may include, communication, design aesthetics, user needs and aspirations, employability, sustainability, materials and processes, human factors, and issues surrounding preparation for the world of work.
- Your tutors will provide you with individual critical advice and feedback within separate module discussions.
On BA (Hons) Degree courses, your learning experience is further enhanced through a series of Critical and Cultural Studies modules, which are closely linked to your practical studies and provide a context for your research and practice.