IT’S SO EASY TO GET YOUR DESIGN CAREER ON TRACK TODAY
If you are considering your options for studying fashion design courses and fashion illustration courses, our online course is a flexible and affordable option, which leads to a City & Guilds level 2 Award.
Fashion design courses online enable you to develop your fashion design and illustration skills through the use of a broad range of media and techniques. The course is delivered via a personal online studio.
You will achieve fashion designer qualifications as you learn to:
- design on the figure for fashion
- undertake research
- explore fashion illustration techniques
- carry out a series of practical activities
IDI’s Fashion design and Illustration course is a practical, project based programme of study which is made up of three stages: Looking and Recording, Development and Outcome.
You will work to a given set of fashion design and illustration briefs and will be encouraged to develop your conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills. The briefs become increasingly demanding as the course progresses.
The Fashion Design Illustration course introduces drawing, illustration and mark making techniques. You will go on to develop these skills before undertaking three projects which include:
- creating a portfolio of designs for children, both boys and girls
- creating a portfolio of fashion designs for women for an autumn/winter collection to include daywear, casualwear and eveningwear
- creating a portfolio of fashion designs for men and women for a spring/summer collection to include day wear, outerwear, causal wear, nightwear and holiday wear
During the course of each project you will consider accessories such as hats, scarves, gloves, shawls, bags, footwear and jewellery as appropriate.
Throughout this process you will create an accompanying portfolio of creative work which includes fashion illustration samples, drawings, market research and fashion mood boards.
This online fashion design and illustration course is available UK wide, and for International students.
During this course you can expect to do the following:
- investigate fashion trends and predictions
- work to a given fashion brief
- produce focused market research
- researching colour trends
- research fabrics, trims and accessories
- create mood boards
- compile original visual research in the form of drawings, mark making, sketchbook work and photographs
- learn to illustrate fashion designs, fabrics and accessories using a range of techniques, media and approaches
- create original fashion design ideas on the figure
- develop, evaluate and select design ideas
- produce final design ideas and specification drawings with fabric samples
If you have creative flair and a genuine interest in Fashion, as well as a desire to produce original work and make a personal statement, this course is for you.
If you complete this course successfully you may choose to advance to a more demanding level of study such as a fashion design diploma.
No formal entry requirements, although some previous experience in Art and Design is desirable.
Fees & Payments
Course fee: £600
Payment options:A single payment of £600, four equal instalments of £152
Please note: If paying by instalment, the first instalment will be paid at the time of application, with subsequent instalments being due at monthly intervals thereafter.
The City & Guilds Level 2 Award is 24 weeks in duration.
It requires around 120hrs of study input in total, which equates to around 5hrs of study per week.
The next start date for this course is the 14th October 2013
You can also download our Academic Schedule.